Istanbul is such a beautiful city. It’s split in two by the Bosphorus river, making it on two continents.
THINGS TO DO IN ISTANBUL:
- Visit the Topkapi palace, Blue mosque, and the Hagia Sophia. At the least. There are so many beautiful historical buildings there.
- Go to a haman, the traditional Turkish bath!
- Take a ferry ride across the Bosphorus- it’s beautiful, and you can see more of the city.
- Take the tram to Taksim square.
- Eat with a view- there are so many restaurants with beautiful views of the city and the Bosphorus.
- Shop the Grand Bazaar.
- The Museum of Innocence- a nostalgic look at Istanbul’s past, tied to the beautiful love store in Orhan Pamuk’s book of the same name.
To be caught up in the beauties of the city and the Bosphorus is to be reminded of the difference between one’s own wretched life and the happy triumphs of the past,” -Orhan Pamuk